LM80 test standard analysis
When the LED lamp is undergoing Energy Star certification, if the LED device has an approved LM-80 test report, the finished lamp can greatly shorten the certification and energy star mark cycle. For example, LED lamps do not need to perform life and light decay tests at all, and only need two weeks to obtain the Energy Star certification and logo; and LED integrated lamps can also have the Energy Star logo in advance in only 3000 hours. In this way, the LM-80 report of the device can allow LED finished lamps manufacturers to have market access certificates in advance, which greatly shortens the listing cycle. LED device manufacturers with LM-80 reports are also leading the market in the turbulent LED market competition. machine.
The LM-80 test of LED devices has strict requirements on Case (case) temperature Ts and ambient temperature Ta, which requires Ta>=Ts-5°C, where the case temperature Ts refers to the air 1.5 mm away from the LED case temperature. At present, domestic laboratories and packaging manufacturers use precise thermostats to achieve constant temperature aging of LEDs. However, due to the large heat generation of the LEDs, the thermostat can only accurately control the ambient temperature Ta, but not the housing temperature Ts, and more control However, the temperature deviation between the case temperature Ts and the ambient temperature Ta is -5°C. When the ambient temperature reaches a certain temperature required, in fact, because the LED itself generates a large amount of heat, and usually more than 25 LED lamp beads, especially high-power devices, the heat is very large, and the temperature of the LED shell Ts will be very high, and the actual temperature of the case temperature Ts is often much higher than the preset temperature. Many companies control the ambient temperature to 55 degrees, and the actual lamp beads will burn during the final test. The final test result will deviate, and the test life will be too small, which is unfavorable to the test result and cannot truly reflect the lumens required by the LED according to the standard. Maintenance rate and longevity. Moreover, testing many LEDs together cannot effectively control the deviation of the case temperature Ts of each LED sample at minus 2 degrees.
At the same time, the LM-80 test requires testing at at least two temperatures: 55°C (required to be controlled at 53-55°C) and 85°C (required to be controlled at 83-85°C), T3rd (required to control -2, +0 deviation). Since the instrument for testing the LED lumen maintenance rate usually only has one oven, only one oven can be used at one temperature. That is, the instrument for testing LED lumen maintenance can only be tested at one temperature at a time, and cannot be tested at multiple temperatures at the same time. Usually every packaging company has many models to apply for LM-80 testing, each of which has at least two temperatures, which requires a huge field and numerous instruments, and the cost and expense are very high, especially bringing huge problems to the laboratory. , Will also bring a huge bottleneck to industry applications, which is not conducive to industry development.
Lamp energy efficiency & light performance test involves main standards:
1. LM-79-08 Electrical and photometric measurement methods for solid-state lighting products
2. LM-80-15 LED light source lumen maintenance rate test method
3.Lighting facts label energy efficiency label
4. Luminaires V2.1 Energy Star Standard for Lamps
5.Integral_LED_Lamps V2.1 Energy Star Standard for LED Bulbs
6. DLC V4.4 North American Lighting Engineering Association formulated the energy efficiency standard requirements for large commercial lamps in the North American market
- LM80 test standard analysis
- CB certification experts take you to understand the CB certification of lamps and lanterns
- Understand the difference between GS certification and CE certification in one article
- What is Class P LED driver?
- What is the replacement principle of UL1598 Class P LED driver?
- What is radiated emission test?
- In the UL1993 standard, the test method and judgment standard of the lamp cap
- In the UL1993 standard, the input test method and judgment standard are introduced
- What is the IK level test for lamps
- In the UL1993 standard, the method and judgment standard of withstand voltage test