In order to unify product regulatory standards and requirements and ensure product quality and safety, India began to implement a product certification system in 1955. According to The BIS Act of 1986 (The BIS Act, 1986), India’s product certification implements the principle of voluntary certification, but taking into account factors such as public health and safety and mass consumption, the Indian government has issued immediate regulations to implement specific products Compulsory certification aims to provide end consumers with quality-guaranteed, safe and reliable products. BIS is a third-party certification body, and products certified by it will be marked with the ISI label. The label has a wide influence in India and neighboring countries, has a good reputation, and is a reliable guarantee for product quality. Once the product is marked with the "ISI mark", it means that it meets the relevant Indian standards and consumers can buy with confidence.
All products listed in the compulsory certification must obtain a product certification certificate in accordance with the Indian product standard before entering the market. Therefore, manufacturers who want to enter the Indian market need to understand India's product certification system. LED lamps are listed in the BIS compulsory certification catalog, and there is significant good news about LED lamps applying for the Indian BIS certification rules. Originally, different powers need to be applied separately, but now they are applied in series. A certificate can only have one series, and a series allows up to 10 models. This is an excellent opportunity for LED lighting manufacturers who want to enter the Indian market. It can reduce certification costs and gain a larger market. And profit.
BIS certification laboratory
Meide Testing is a global certification testing service provider focusing on lighting products. It provides certification services for safety, electromagnetic compatibility and energy efficiency of lighting products worldwide. It is a third-party certification testing organization dedicated to obtaining domestic and international certification for enterprises. We have set up an international group specifically for international certification. We directly obtained the docking project with Indian officials, saving a lot of transfer links and complicated procedures in the certification process, and it is more secure. We have a complete testing laboratory, sophisticated laboratory equipment and industry senior BIS certified engineers, and maintain long-term friendly cooperation with BIS organizations, which can help your products obtain BIS certification, enter the Indian market, and obtain more profits.
1. More than ten years of experience in the lighting BIS certification industry, strong international certification and testing technology;
2. A dedicated international team is responsible for the case, and the BIS certification project is docked with Indian official institutions;
3. Familiar with all the links of BIS certification, the time is shorter, the efficiency is higher, and the cost is lower;
4. The senior engineer team provides one-stop service, and the BIS certification pass rate is guaranteed;
5. The lighting BIS certification testing ability and service efficiency are highly evaluated in the lighting certification industry.
LED lighting products that need BIS certification India BIS certification products
In fact, not all LED lighting products require BIS certification. At present, only light source LED lights and fixed LED lights: panel lights, bulb lights, tube lights, candle lights, supermarket fresh lights, corn lights, energy saving Lamps, industrial and mining lamps, floor lamps, wall washers, wall lamps, ceiling lamps, etc. require mandatory BIS certification. However, common downlights, grille lights, floodlights, spotlights, flashlights, lamp beads, light strings, light strips, stage lights, etc. do not require BIS certification.
Series division of LED lamps BIS certification
1. For LED self-ballasted lamps, only the conditions in Table 1. can be applied as a unit:
2. For LED lamps, only the conditions in Table 2 can be applied as a unit:
3. The LED driver, whether it is an external or built-in power supply, requires a separate BIS certification:
BIS certification requirements for lighting products
1.90-277VAC, AC wide voltage input, adapt to India's complex grid environment;
2. Power factor PF>0.9, high power factor products, high power utilization rate, and small burden on the grid;
3.2.5KV anti-lightning and anti-surge design to cope with areas with heavy thunderstorms and prevent grid interference;
4. THD<10%, which is required by the government procurement bidding in India, a power-deficient country, has less pollution to the grid;
5. High voltage resistance, the power supply/lamp input and output end must be able to withstand 3.75KV high voltage test to ensure safety;
6. If you can achieve the above points, then your power supply/lamp products can be assured to apply for BIS certification.
- LM80 test standard analysis
- CB certification experts take you to understand the CB certification of lamps and lanterns
- Understand the difference between GS certification and CE certification in one article
- What is Class P LED driver?
- What is the replacement principle of UL1598 Class P LED driver?
- What is radiated emission test?
- In the UL1993 standard, the test method and judgment standard of the lamp cap
- In the UL1993 standard, the input test method and judgment standard are introduced
- What is the IK level test for lamps
- In the UL1993 standard, the method and judgment standard of withstand voltage test