PSE certification is a mandatory certification in Japan, including safety and EMI, to prove that electrical and electronic products meet the requirements of the dated electrical appliance safety law or international IEC standards. The Japan Electrical Appliances Safety Law stipulates that 457 products must pass safety certification to enter the Japanese market. Among them, 116 types of specific electrical appliances should obtain the diamond-shaped PSE mark, and 341 types of products other than specific electrical appliances should obtain the round PSE mark. The LED bulbs and LED electric light fixtures sold in the Japanese market have to be affixed with the round PSE logo starting from July 1, 2012. This indicates that "LED lamps" and "LED lamps" have become the targets of the "Electrical Appliances Safety Law".
As the world's largest LED output country, according to statistics, under the background of energy saving, the LED market has an annual growth rate of 70% to 80%, and the market is very large and attractive. Japan does not impose a diamond-shaped PSE on lamps, but only needs to obtain a voluntary circular PSE, which is a good situation for the majority of lamp manufacturers. Faced with this kind of certification that can be done or not, many manufacturers choose not to do PSE certification in order to save costs, because they do not consider long-term benefits. Only lamps with circular PSE certification can give customers a guarantee of safety and reliability. Compared with lamps without certification in the market competition, they have a greater advantage, and their market share has increased, and their popularity has increased. It has also improved, and it has a strong and long-term occupation of the market.
PSE certification laboratory
Meide Testing has established a large-scale testing base in South China (Dongguan). It strictly enforces quality control in accordance with the laboratory accreditation system standard ISO/IEC 17025, and provides certification services such as safety, electromagnetic compatibility and energy efficiency for lighting products worldwide. Meide Testing can issue circular PSE certification by itself. In addition, we can also apply for PSE certification issued by Japanese institutions for you. We have a complete testing laboratory, sophisticated laboratory equipment and industry experienced PSE certified engineers, which can help your products obtain PSE certification for marketing in the Japanese market.
1. More than ten years of experience in the lighting certification industry, strong PSE certification testing technology;
2. Provide PSE certified product evaluation, testing, rectification, certification and other services;
3. Familiar with the whole process of PSE certification, effectively saving customers certification time;
4. A team of industry experienced engineers will quickly answer your certification doubts and provide professional services;
5. The laboratory area is large, the testing equipment is sophisticated, and the professional team provides one-to-one service with high efficiency;
6. Our company can directly issue round PSE certificates, which greatly saves certification costs;
Lamp PSE certification product range
The scope of control objects is limited to LED lamps and bulbs with a rated voltage of 100V~300V and a rated power greater than 1W using 50Hz and 60Hz AC circuits. Products classified as newly added “LED bulbs” or “LED lamps” include household fluorescent chandeliers, incandescent bulbs, fluorescent lamps, etc.; some table lamps, rechargeable flashlights, advertising lamps, decorative lamps, portable lamps and garden lamps use LED As a light source, it is not classified as "LED lamps".
PSE certification standards for lamps:
|Fixed general lighting||JIS C8105-2-1-1999|
|Recessed lighting|| JIS C8105-2-2-2003|
|Portable general purpose lamps|| JIS C8105-2-4-2003|
|Portable light for garden||JIS C8105-2-7-2011|
|Road lighting||JIS C8131-2013|
|Hand lamp||JIS C8105-2-8-2011|
|Household small light bulb||JIS C7523-2012|
|Spherical bulb||JIS C7530-1999|
|Incandescent lamp||JIS C7551-1-2009，JIS C7551-2-2011，JIS C7551-3-2011|
|Incandescent reflector lamp||JIS C7525-2009|
|Fluorescent lamp (for general lighting)||JIS C7601-2010|
|Discharge lamps (except fluorescent lamps)||JIS C7624-2013|
|Self-ballasted fluorescent lamps for general lighting||JIS C7651-2010|
|Self-ballasted lamps for general lighting||JIS C7620-1-2010，JIS C7620-2-2010|
|lighting device||JIS C8105-1-2010|
PSE certification data preparation
1. Application submission materials: related application forms
2. Test preparation materials
(1) CB report (including Japan's difference test)
(3) PCB design drawings related to safety regulations
(4) Specifications of transformer and coil parts
(5) List of key components and their certificates
(6) Japanese user manual or assembly manual
(7) Japanese nameplates and warning signs (including PSE signs and notification of the supplier’s name)
(8) Structure data table
(9) List and calibration certificate used in factory production (for factory inspection)
- LM80 test standard analysis
- CB certification experts take you to understand the CB certification of lamps and lanterns
- Understand the difference between GS certification and CE certification in one article
- What is Class P LED driver?
- What is the replacement principle of UL1598 Class P LED driver?
- What is radiated emission test?
- In the UL1993 standard, the test method and judgment standard of the lamp cap
- In the UL1993 standard, the input test method and judgment standard are introduced
- What is the IK level test for lamps
- In the UL1993 standard, the method and judgment standard of withstand voltage test