1. Introduction to U.S. ETL certification
ETL is the abbreviation of Electrical Testing Laboratories (Electrical Testing Laboratories), founded by Thomas Edison in 1896, and is an NRTL (Nationally Recognized Laboratory) recognized by OSHA (Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration). After more than 100 years, the ETL mark has been widely recognized and accepted by major retailers in North America, and enjoys a high reputation like UL. Any electrical, mechanical or electromechanical product with an ETL inspection mark indicates that it has been tested and meets relevant industry standards.
The North American market has the most advanced and complete product testing standards, and higher requirements for product testing and certification. In order to seize the American market, Chinese electronic and electrical products must overcome these testing and standard constraints.
2. Information required for ETL certification of lamps and lanterns:
2. Description of differences
3. Lamp beads specification
4. Structure size drawing
5. List of model parameters
6. List of key components
7. Circuit diagram and Layout diagram, etc.
3. ETL certification standards for common lamps (ETL certification standards are consistent with UL)
LED night light installed in power socket
|Product Category||Applicable standards|
|Fixed LED lamps||UL1598,UL8750|
|Recessed LED lamps ||UL1598,UL8750|
|Movable LED lamps ||UL153,UL8750|
|Street lights and street lights ||UL1598,UL8750|
|Hand lamp ||UL153,UL8750|
|Portable LED lamps for children||UL153,UL8750|
|Floor recessed LED lamps||UL1598,UL8750|
|Low-voltage string lights (without LED Driver)||UL2108|
|Independent LED Driver||UL8750,UL1310 (Listed)|
|Built-in LED Driver ||UL8750,UL1310 (R/C)|
4. ETL certification factory inspection issues
ETL certification requires factory inspection. When a company applies for ETL certification for the first time, it needs to complete factory inspection before obtaining the ETL certificate. The purpose is to ensure product consistency and the correct use of the ETL logo. After obtaining the certificate, the shipment can be arranged. Subsequent certification does not require prior inspection of the factory and then issuing the certificate. The annual ETL inspection is once a quarter, and there are a total of four factory inspections a year.
5. ETL certification laboratory
Meide Testing is a global certification and testing service provider that focuses on lighting products. It is a third-party certification and testing organization dedicated to obtaining domestic and international certifications for Chinese companies. It can carry out safety and energy efficiency certification services for lighting products on a global scale. We have a long-term friendly cooperation with ITS, the issuing agency of ETL. We have complete testing laboratories, sophisticated experimental equipment and industry senior ETL certified engineers. We can help your products obtain ETL certification and market in North America. You can apply for ETL. Certified prime partner.
1. More than ten years of experience in the lighting certification industry, strong technical strength;
2. One-stop service for lamp safety regulations, electromagnetic compatibility, and energy efficiency certification;
3. Localized testing and certification services for lamps, greatly shortening the certification cycle, and the price is 50% lower than that of international organizations;
4. Laboratories authorized by major institutions around the world, international authoritative accreditation service organizations;
5. Lighting certification and testing capabilities and service efficiency are second to none in the industry;
6. The senior engineer team provides one-to-one service throughout the whole process, which greatly improves the certification efficiency and pass rate.
LED control device, LED module, LED bulb lamp, corn lamp, LED tube, fixed lamp (ceiling lamp, wall lamp, wall washer lamp, pendant lamp, fixed bracket lamp, high bay lamp, etc.), embedded lamp (tube Lights, panel lights, etc.), LED street lights, street lights, flood lights, flood lights, track lights, portable lights, children’s portable lamps, night lights, underground lights, string lights, LED replacement light sources, LED drivers , LED strips, ballasts, advertising lights, mirror lights, etc.
- LM80 test standard analysis
- CB certification experts take you to understand the CB certification of lamps and lanterns
- Understand the difference between GS certification and CE certification in one article
- What is Class P LED driver?
- What is the replacement principle of UL1598 Class P LED driver?
- What is radiated emission test?
- In the UL1993 standard, the test method and judgment standard of the lamp cap
- In the UL1993 standard, the input test method and judgment standard are introduced
- What is the IK level test for lamps
- In the UL1993 standard, the method and judgment standard of withstand voltage test